Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Workbook for "An Introduction to Modern Japanese"?

Workbook for "An Introduction to Modern Japanese"?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Workbook for "An Introduction to Modern Japanese"?

Postby Pkmn Trainer Abram » Sun 03.30.2008 1:36 am

I got ItMJ Book One, but I now realize I need the workbook to go along with it to get maximum inefficiently. Judging by the reviews the book was supposed to come with it, but mine did not, nor can I find one on sale separately from the coursebook.

Does anyone know a site that sells them? And can someone who has used the course tell me of any other things I may need or should do to achieve maximum proficiency?
If Pokemon don't listen, it's a sign that you aren't whipping them enough.-Nuked
Pkmn Trainer Abram

Re: Workbook for "An Introduction to Modern Japanese"?

Postby Wakannai » Sun 03.30.2008 5:25 am

I got ItMJ Book One, but I now realize I need the workbook to go along with it to get maximum inefficiently.

You mean efficiency I hope. The workbook is available atamazon.

I don't know of any review that says they come together, they just recommend you get both.

It's my personal favorite course but it is heavily biased towards writing and has no audio. But if you are one of those people that expect to never visit Japan and still want to know how to read, then it's perfect.

Kodansha's Kanji Learners Dictionary is a good supplement.

Technically, you don't need the workbook, but it helps a lot. Doing the exercises helps you remember the vocabulary much better.
Wakannai

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips