Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Need a textbook suggestion

Need a textbook suggestion

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Need a textbook suggestion

Postby Triddy » Wed 04.02.2008 2:43 pm

Yes, I HAVE checked the Wiki.

Anyways, in a couple weeks from now, I will be finishing the last lesson of Japanese For Everyone. For about a year, I have been using it in conjunction with High School Japanese classes.

I would like to know where to go after this. What would be the next logical step for self learning? I would prefer something with the audio either included, or easy to find. I never was able to find the audio tapes for Japanese for Everyone, and now I feel that pronunciation and speaking are my weakest points. Because my Japanese classes are ending until I am out of High School at least, I can't use that to practice anymore.
Triddy

Re: Need a textbook suggestion

Postby p-chan » Fri 04.04.2008 12:10 am

I think they have a part II for the japanese for everyone but if you're finish with that then i suggest you look for someone to practice it with..
p-chan

Re: Need a textbook suggestion

Postby Triddy » Fri 04.04.2008 7:41 pm

Unfortunately, Japanese for Everyone does not have a part II. They are working on a second edition, but it will probably just be a rework of the material already in this one. It`s too bad, because I quite liked it. The dependence on kana after Chapter 3, and the gradual phasing in of Kanji seemed to really help.

So I am still open to text book suggestions. My Japanese teacher, and several of the other A students in the class have expressed interest in forming an advanced (relative to the high school courses) Japanese study `club`of sorts, but when and if that happens is unknown to me.
Triddy

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips