Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Question re: ordering from The Japan Store

Question re: ordering from The Japan Store

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Question re: ordering from The Japan Store

Postby Snowflake » Fri 04.25.2008 10:19 pm

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum section, but since my question concerns the purchase of learning materials, I figured I'd put it here. If it needs to be moved somewhere else, my feelings won't be hurt (at least that means someone read it, right? :D).

Up until now, I've been pretty much doing self-study, using a lot of consumer books and websites. I'm also taking an 8-week Conversational Japanese course to help with pronunciation. It is the only live instruction currently available near to where I live. As far as I know, there are no plans for the school to offer a follow-up course :(. The course uses no textbook and teaches no reading/writing.

So, I decided since I'm going to be back on my own after the course ends, I should probably make the next step and invest in a textbook and associated workbooks and whatnot. I'm pretty well set on which book I think will work for me. Now, it's just a matter of getting it ordered.

I want to support The Japanese Page, of course, so I went directly to the Bookstore link above. After making my selections, I was asked to Create An Account, and that's where I encountered my dilemma. Are The Japanese Page and The Japan Store two separate entities? Am I supposed to use the same User Name and data? Or do I need to create a separate account specifically for The Japan Store, complete with a new User Name and Password?

I tried looking for a FAQ on the Bookstore link (couldn't find one). I also tried looking at the The Japanese Page Wiki. While there was a lot of good info there, I didn't find an answer to my question. So, now I'm turning to you, my fellow forum members. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide. I'm eagerly anticipating getting my learning materials ordered!
Snowflake

Native language: English

Re: Question re: ordering from The Japan Store

Postby Wakannai » Fri 04.25.2008 10:41 pm

it doesn't really matter. You do have to put in a lot more personal information into the japanshop than thejapanesepage so if your password isn't very secure, you might want to use a better password, or a passphrase as they are generally easier to remember and more secure too. But you can use the same user name, or not if you want.
Wakannai

Postby Snowflake » Fri 04.25.2008 11:32 pm

Thank you, Wakannaiさん! Order placed! Now I need to step up my hiragana /katakana studies so I'll be ready to dive into my texts when they arrive! So exciting!
Snowflake

Postby clay » Sat 04.26.2008 9:32 pm

Thanks!

Are The Japanese Page and The Japan Store two separate entities?

Yes, unfortunately they have different logins.

Also if you create an account, all that means is it remembers your address information; it won't remember your credit card information for security reasons. But you don't have to create an account to place an order.

Sorry for the confusion.
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby Snowflake » Sun 04.27.2008 1:46 am

Thank you for the additional information, Clayさん! I just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything to mess up the order. Looks like everything is well underway now.

Thanks again!
Snowflake

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips