Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Let's Learn Kanji?

Let's Learn Kanji?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Let's Learn Kanji?

Postby luna1999 » Sun 06.01.2008 9:43 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if the books called Let's Learn Kanji were a useful resource. I found these books when I was looking online for Let's Learn Hiragana/Katakana (by the same author). From what I've read on Amazon, the book goes through 85 or so pages of radicals before actually going to the kanji. I'm a complete beginner to Japanese, so I was just wondering if anyone had used the book and what your thoughts on it would be. If not this book, any other resources for beginners? Thanks!

~ Luna
luna1999

Re: Let's Learn Kanji?

Postby chikara » Sun 06.01.2008 9:56 pm

luna1999 wrote:..... I was just wondering if the books called Let's Learn Kanji were a useful resource. .....

That link doesn't work :wink:

Seriously though, I have no experience of that book but it sound as if it may be useful.

From Kodansha's website;
Not simply a brilliant exposition but also a workbook, it teaches the student how to write the basic strokes, how to put these together into full-fledged kanji, and how kanji function in the context of example sentences. Progress is continually checked, and the student is encouraged through quizzes and exercises. The result: 250 fundamental characters learned almost painlessly.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips