Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 中級へ行こう

中級へ行こう

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

中級へ行こう

Postby myles1260 » Wed 10.08.2008 1:41 am

Can someone please tell me approximately how long it takes to complete 中級へ行こう?

Also, I know it's an intermediate book, sort of, so is it in Japanese only, or is there still English for people learning who speak English? Sorry, I don't know much about all these different textbooks.
myles1260

Re: 中級へ行こう

Postby myles1260 » Thu 10.09.2008 11:19 pm

Please, someone reply!!!!
myles1260

Postby becki_kanou » Thu 10.09.2008 11:27 pm

Are you studying on your own? If so, no one can tell you what pace is right for you. Just do the excercises, review them, and move on when you feel that you have a solid grasp on them. Ask questions here when you can't understand something, but there's no need to rush yourself or slow yourself down to conform to someone's idea of how long it should take.

Also, have patience. Your request was only up for one day, and everyone here helping and giving advice is doing it for nothing, out of the goodness of their hearts. You'll get a better response if you recognize this and are not so impatient.
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby Harisenbon » Thu 10.09.2008 11:37 pm

myles1260 wrote:Please, someone reply!!!!

I have seen the book in the store, but never picked it up.
I have no idea how long it would take me to finish the book, let alone someone else who I have never met.
However, as you seem to be rather impatient, I would tend to think that you would give up halfway through. So you'll probably finish the book in 2 weeks.

Glad to be of help.

You post has had all of 48 page views, and you are referring to a single book that people on this site may or may not have used.
The reason that people have not responded is probably because they have no good information to give you.
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby coco » Fri 10.10.2008 11:43 am

myles1260 wrote:Can someone please tell me approximately how long it takes to complete 中級へ行こう?

myles1260 wrote:i would say i have a very advanced memory and a high intelligence level.i rank as a genius on an IQ test, and i think that i am able to learn at a fast rate.

凡人の経験は天才君の参考にならないかと。
羨ましい限りです。
Last edited by coco on Fri 10.10.2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Postby two_heads_talking » Fri 10.10.2008 12:33 pm

myles1260 wrote:Please, someone reply!!!!

would you like the carefree honest reply.... or a cold-hearted smartass one? :mrgreen:
two_heads_talking

Native language: English

Postby sushi4ever » Fri 10.10.2008 7:34 pm

Spoiler:
*Rant-mode ON*
Geesh, seriously, ranking as a genius doesn't make you a genius at learning a language, you need a talent for it.
In fact, you need talent, determination and stamina to achieve that goal.
[I rank as a genius as well, so what? Most IQ tests are crappy anyway and don't evaluate your natural IQ but rather check your acquired knowledge and some logical thinking. Do a real one, takes longer than the usual ones. Mine took over 3 hours.]
People claiming to be geniuses and yet acting like monkeys/trolls really piss me off.

Anyway, just finish your Genki texts first before asking such questions and stop boasting, that's not really genius-like.
But I'll overlook that since you're just 14 and still have much to learn.

Cocoさん is right there. (I hope I understood everything :P )
*Rant-mode OFF*

By the way, why didn't you choose "An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese" as your follow-up text after Genki? It's published by the same company (The Japan Times) and is quite similar to Genki, so you wouldn't have to adjust to another method.

And sorry in advance if this post was too rude, I just got home from work and I'm totally exhausted and annoyed. :wink:
my japanese learning blog: http://pimpmysushi.livejournal.com
sushi4ever

Native language: German

Postby myles1260 » Sat 10.11.2008 2:49 am

I'm sorry if I seemed impatient or rude, but by no means am I a quitter, Harisenbon.

As for your reply, sushi4ever, I'm trying to decide what to do next after Genki II, but I wasn't sure if An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese would be too hard or not. I guess since it's the same company, I should get it, because I'll end up using it at sometime anyway.

Thanks for the replies.
myles1260

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips