Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - LiveMocha discussion thread

LiveMocha discussion thread

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Re: LiveMocha discussion thread

Postby Jetsi » Mon 01.12.2009 4:17 pm

I believe they are going to try and make it a paid website in the near future. I also believe your customer support will fall in line nicely with whatever level of membership you purchase, so I expect I will get the same as I have been.

I use the site to keep in contact with some penpals I have made in Japan, but think I will push for straight email correspondence soon as the site does have its "problems".
Insert some witty and relevant quip here.
Jetsi

Native language: English

Postby Wes1378 » Sun 11.25.2012 7:54 pm

I studied at Live Mocha for a long time. I did all the Japanese courses they had at the time. There are lots of mistakes, but there are lots of mistakes at EVERY language site, Japanese Language books have mistakes, that's just life. I learned a lot from LM and met a lot of Japanese people there who study English, and some of them are still friends. I also helped a lot of people studying English. I'm sure I made some mistakes helping them though. My English isn't that great, I'm an American, and a human. :blush:
Wes1378

Native language: English

Postby furrykef » Sun 02.10.2013 8:55 pm

What kind of mistakes did you see? I remember seeing mistakes in their teaching method (which was abysmal, but they may have improved it since then), but not any errors in the Japanese text. Though I didn't go through their entire course...

I do remember that their Italian course bizarrely had the word "asciugamano" (towel) pronounced by the narrator as "asciugamalei" for no apparent reason. Nobody knows what the hell was up with that.
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.
Also see my lang-8 journal, where you can help me practice Japanese (and Spanish, and Italian!)
furrykef

Native language: Eggo (ワッフル語の方言)

Previous

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips