Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?
samzz
Native language: French

Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Post by samzz » Mon 02.09.2009 6:38 pm

Hello,
I'm looking for some vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese).
So, any language native learner can use it.
Thanks

Snowflake
Native language: English

Re: Look for: Vocabulary card: visual(image) <-> audio(Japanese)

Post by Snowflake » Thu 02.12.2009 3:28 pm

I signed up with IKnow this morning. After a nearly 6 month break, I'm resuming my Japanese studies. I'm still so much of a beginner, I'm re-starting my efforts by taking the Hiragana course, even though I'm *somewhat* familiar with hiragana. I'm saddened by how much I've forgotten but amazed at how fast I'm re-learning it!

One thing I really appreciated in the hour or so I played around with it is one of the quizzing features. Many online quizzes I've seen (and I'll admit, I haven't seen a lot) are multiple choice. Multi-choice gives me the opportunity to make educated guesses or to use process of elimination. With some of the review on IKnow, the quizmaster will say the word or sound and I have to type in my answer with no hint whatsoever. For me, this is good. Either *Iknow* :lol: or I don't.

IKnow even has a little twist to its multi-choice questions. There is often a None of the Above option.

I've poked around on the site, looking at other courses and lists. I'm looking forward to incorporating IKnow with my other study plans!