Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - vocab builders

vocab builders

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

vocab builders

Postby Fenderboy » Mon 04.06.2009 6:03 pm

does anyone know any good websites or iphone apps that help build vocab skills? my vocab isn't that good and i need to start building it up some more. thanks!
-Fender
Fenderboy

Re: vocab builders

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Mon 04.06.2009 6:25 pm

Read. If you're not advanced enough to read things yet, then stick to working through a textbook for now and don't worry about your vocabulary level. Everyone thinks their vocab isn't good enough, but isolating vocabulary and trying to study it alone probably isn't going to work.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Postby Fenderboy » Mon 04.06.2009 6:37 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:Read. If you're not advanced enough to read things yet, then stick to working through a textbook for now and don't worry about your vocabulary level. Everyone thinks their vocab isn't good enough, but isolating vocabulary and trying to study it alone probably isn't going to work.

alright, do you know any websites with japanese comics that i can practice reading online?
-Fender
Fenderboy

Postby friendly_fire » Sun 04.12.2009 7:22 am

Fenderboy wrote:does anyone know any good websites or iphone apps that help build vocab skills?

You may want to try http://smart.fm/.
friendly_fire

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips