Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Tutoring sites

Tutoring sites

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Tutoring sites

Postby raevin » Thu 06.04.2009 4:20 pm

Before I ask this, I want to clarify some things:
1) I personally couldn't find any category this should go in, and this seemed to be the most appropriate for the matter. If I'm wrong, then please move this.
2) I already tried TJP Friends, Japanese Online and Japan Today Friends...TJP Friends and JTF won't send me the confirmation email (even after changing my e-mail address and having it resend to that e-mail), and I don't like the set up for JO.

Okay, now the question. Does anyone know of any good (and preferably free) sites that let you meet friends to help you with Japanese?

I've done a Google search, but not all the ones showing up either a) work or b) are for free. I'd also prefer ones that don't use the WorldFriends system that TJPF and JTF use, for the fact I don't seem to get e-mails sent from that system.

Thank you for any and all assistance. :)
raevin

Native language: English

Re: Tutoring sites

Postby astaroth » Thu 06.04.2009 4:29 pm

A good website I think is lang-8. One keeps a journal writing it in their language of choice and waits for native speakers to correct grammar or improve wording. It's common to reciprocate of course.
ー 流光 ー

花地世
小  見獄の
林  かの中
一  な上は
茶   の 
astaroth

Native language: Italiano「伊語」

Re: Tutoring sites

Postby raevin » Thu 06.04.2009 4:41 pm

astaroth wrote:A good website I think is lang-8. One keeps a journal writing it in their language of choice and waits for native speakers to correct grammar or improve wording. It's common to reciprocate of course.

Seems really cool! :) I'll definately check it out and try it.

I also rediscovered http://www.sharedtalk.com/ as well. I met some cool people on there before.
raevin

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips