Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Keigo Textbook

Keigo Textbook

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Keigo Textbook

Postby Ichigo19 » Thu 07.02.2009 4:07 am

I did a search, couldn't find anything specific to my needs so I'll ask myself. I want, and think that I need to learn keigo. I don't want to learn just some of it. I want to be able to understand any and all of it as much as possible when I come across it. I get kinda discouraged when I see something (anything) I can't figure out what the meaning is. I want to understand every little thing I can. Drives me kind of nuts when I can't...

So anyone who knows keigo very well I would like to ask how you learned it so well. What resources you used, including textbooks, reference books or anything else I could get a hold of.

I have this keigo book

I'm also looking at this keigo book for more advanced learners...I'm not very advanced myself yet though.(maybe low intermediate)

I used genki and it went over some but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover enough to be well versed in it. I want to really know my stuff when it comes to anything Japanese and keigo is something I really want to understand well. If anyone who used either of the two books I linked to could give their opinions/experiences with either book I would really appreciate that. Also any other books or sources used, I'd like to know about those also.

I feel like not knowing Keigo well is holding me back from advancing further. Any advice, help, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
私がいちごです。女じゃありません。いちごの名前がアニメの名前じゃありません。
Ichigo19

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips