Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Serious-ness

Serious-ness

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Serious-ness

Postby Viskar » Mon 09.12.2005 5:59 pm

This is one the most serious things I've ever wanted to do; I'm very serious about it. What I did is on Sunday I did Lesson 1-3 preety good, Basically all I really LEARNED was A, E, I, O, U yet I did Sa and So and such

Can anyone give me any points? Today in school I wrote A,E,I,O,U like 300 times each so it's HARD EMBEDED! Into my brain haha, so I think I remember it, but it's becoming harder and harder to learn, and I have almost noone to turn too V_V Can anyone give me some pointers on 'what to do' to become fluent in it ASAP? Or maybe someone who has a messanger and can help me?
\"Alot of people hate what they can\'t understand,
Alot of people don\'t understand what they fear,
Alot of people hate me.....\"
Viskar

RE: Serious-ness

Postby Kates » Mon 09.12.2005 8:27 pm

Move to Japan~ Good luck.

Okay, seriously? Keep working. Hard. Japanese is not easy, and it will take several years for you to get to fluent-level. Hell, I've studied for four years and I can finally read shounen manga... as long as I have my elec. dic. at my side.

Not to dissuade you... but study whatever you can on your own, and hopefully you can take a class someday to help you with speaking/listening skills. (:
Kates

Postby Viskar » Tue 09.13.2005 1:52 pm

`Tis what I figured, I also have alot of Japanese friends who are trying to help me. Just not enough! Haha Thanks aton :)
\"Alot of people hate what they can\'t understand,
Alot of people don\'t understand what they fear,
Alot of people hate me.....\"
Viskar

Postby redfoxer » Tue 09.13.2005 2:16 pm

Language is something that requires patience if you wish to learn it. Take your time and enjoy learning it. Find it intresting. If you find you do that, then learning japanese becomes fun rather then a chore. and if learning japanese is a chore, why learn it? keep at it my friends and you will go far *feels like a wise man talking in code*
日本語はとても面白いと思いますよ!私は日本語が大好きです!
redfoxer

Postby AaRoN » Tue 09.13.2005 3:29 pm

i think that im going to get a class someday too lol....but theres no where near where i live that does japanese class:(...but i will find some.
And for now self study will have to sufficeB)
Last edited by AaRoN on Tue 09.13.2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't understand.......Why can't i fly????
AaRoN

Postby tsp_uk » Tue 09.13.2005 4:05 pm

Hi Aaron i noticed your from Ireland, I'm from Ireland as well. It's impossible to find any books to buy in Ireland, i buy mine from amazon.co.uk.
tsp_uk

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips