Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Understanding Basic Japanese Grammar

Understanding Basic Japanese Grammar

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Understanding Basic Japanese Grammar

Postby leonl » Sat 11.07.2009 9:09 pm

I want to make an anki deck with this book, I have already bought it and believe it will help me out tremendously with class this year. I am thinking of doing Japanese-Japanese(reading) for the cards or Japanese- corresponding page number in the book so that I can check my answers. Does anyone who owns this book have any suggestions or advice on how I should go about this
How sweet life would be if korean in origin were playstation, anime and Wii
http://lang-8.com/92836
leonl

Native language: 英語

Re: Understanding Basic Japanese Grammar

Postby Sairana » Sat 11.07.2009 10:22 pm

You can go see if Smart.fm has lists based on the book. If I remember correctly, you can import smart.fm lists into anki with a minimum of fuss.

I can't walk you through it because I haven't done it personally, but I know it was heavily in the works by both development teams several months ago. I expect they've finished it by now...?
Sairana

Native language: (US) English

Postby nukemarine » Mon 11.09.2009 3:52 am

At [url]forum.koohii.com[/url] there's a thread discusses about UBJG. We also put together a spreadsheet with access limited to those that prove they own the book. See the thread for more detail.

It is a useful book, though I personally only did half of it prior to moving to Tae Kim (and soon Kanzen Master 2). One suggestion is, should you get the spreadsheet, import into Anki. Then, set up the sentences as Cloze Deletion cards. The part to Cloze Delete would be the BOLDED terms of the sentences with some supporting words. Set Anki to type in the answer.

So, while you won't be writing it out by hand, you will be typing in the entire sentence. However, you cloze deleted and here (and only here) you can put an english prompt as to the type of answer wanted.

Should I get a better connection, I'll try to upload my Tae Kim sentences into Anki that feature Cloze Deletion. That can give you a fuller idea onto what I'm talking about.
nukemarine

Postby leonl » Wed 11.11.2009 9:33 pm

nukemarine wrote:At [url]forum.koohii.com[/url] there's a thread discusses about UBJG. We also put together a spreadsheet with access limited to those that prove they own the book. See the thread for more detail.

It is a useful book, though I personally only did half of it prior to moving to Tae Kim (and soon Kanzen Master 2). One suggestion is, should you get the spreadsheet, import into Anki. Then, set up the sentences as Cloze Deletion cards. The part to Cloze Delete would be the BOLDED terms of the sentences with some supporting words. Set Anki to type in the answer.

So, while you won't be writing it out by hand, you will be typing in the entire sentence. However, you cloze deleted and here (and only here) you can put an english prompt as to the type of answer wanted.

Should I get a better connection, I'll try to upload my Tae Kim sentences into Anki that feature Cloze Deletion. That can give you a fuller idea onto what I'm talking about.

Thanks, I found the thread on rtk and sent you an email with a copy of my order conformation as proof of ownership
How sweet life would be if korean in origin were playstation, anime and Wii
http://lang-8.com/92836
leonl

Native language: 英語

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips