Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Postby Ritz » Tue 03.22.2011 9:04 pm

This is the program which I began to learn Japanese with. I am posting this, because I believe it works great for Western (and more specifically, American) English speakers interested in learning Japanese without any prior knowledge to the country and culture. Using this program, I learned Japanese at my own pace on my android phone. This program follows the same curriculum most textbooks follow. I'll admit, it's not as nice as a textbook since you can't write stuff down but definitely good for the on-the-go person or the person-who-has-given-up-hopes-on-a-complicated-language-like-Japanese-but-still-wanted-to-learn-it. (I was the latter)

Even if you know a bit of Japanese, please try the program out. I wanna know what experienced Japanese speakers can say about it. I'm still just a beginner. The Human Japanese website has a free look into the program on thier site for internet browsers and you can get it for free on Android/IPhone/ITouch/Windows Phone 7. I hope TJP can add this to the available list of resources for beginners.

Image Image Image Image Image
Human Japanese is Japanese language learning software that starts at square one and presents the Japanese language in a warm, engaging tone. Packed with over 1800 recordings of vocabulary words and example sentences, an instantly searchable dictionary of vocabulary words and grammar terms, dozens of games and quizzes, and a great text that teaches how the language works, Human Japanese will impress you with its warmth, beauty, and wit.

Official Website: HumanJapanese.com
Ritz

Native language: English

Re: Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Postby StarryNeko » Sat 07.02.2011 11:54 am

I had a quick impression of the Human Japanese application and it's pretty impressive relative to the other applications available on the market.

But ...
-It doesn't introduce Kanji until the very end and even so it's only one section.
-It doesn't use dictionary forms.
-The dictionary search is a bit a sub-par.
-No Linux compatibility (even though most of the content is just a web document)!

What I do like is...
-Very "chill" language
-Interactivity

I might be wrong though.
StarryNeko

Re: Human Japanese [PC/Mac/Android/iOS/WP7]

Postby bsb85 » Mon 07.25.2011 2:43 pm

I've been using it for a little while now on my iPod touch and I have been nothing but satisfied with it. I always end up thumbing through several of the sections during the down moments to reinforce learning of a particularly nagging kana, or to reread some of the cultural tidbits added in.

In my opinion, a great addition to the Japanese-learning app world.
bsb85

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips