Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Free supplement available for Heisig's Remembering The Kanji

Free supplement available for Heisig's Remembering The Kanji

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Free supplement available for Heisig's Remembering The Kanji

Postby phreadom » Thu 04.14.2011 8:02 am

Thanks to Mattias and furrykef for pointing this out in various places, but nobody seemed to really make a clear point of it with a link...

So...

From http://nirc.nanzan-u.ac.jp/publications ... anji_1.htm

In December 2010 the Japanese Ministry approved the addition of 196 characters to the "general-use" kanji list. 39 of these are already included in Remembering the Kanji I. The remaining 157 have been prepared as a special Supplement that may be downloaded here (1 December 2010 update). They will all be integrated into the Sixth Edition currently in preparation. For a sample of the contents, click here.

Since I only recently purchased the 5th edition, this was nice to have pointed out to me clearly. :)

The site "Reviewing the Kanji" at http://kanji.koohii.com/ also supports these supplemental kanji as well, so you can really get the most out of all of the available material right now. :)

I suppose I might just have to pick up a copy of the 6th edition when it's available. ;) I don't like having "outdated" materials. ;)

I hope this can be as helpful to others as it was to me! Thanks guys! :bow:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: Free supplement available for Heisig's Remembering The K

Postby Onsid1952 » Mon 10.01.2012 8:32 am

Thank you for sharing this..
Onsid1952

Native language: english

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips