Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Niagara, Ontario Japanese

Niagara, Ontario Japanese

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Niagara, Ontario Japanese

Postby qedhup » Wed 10.12.2005 4:23 pm

I'm sorry I didn't know exactly where to put this. Thought this would be as good a place as any.

Any members in this community from the Niagara region of Ontario Canada? There is a community starting up around here of those that are studying, or have studied Japanese. We do have a forum at: [url}http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/ginkitsune.html[/url] and if you live in the area we'd love for you to join. We're just starting up, but so far i've had alot of people interested.

We're hoping to make a study group where we can meet each other and help each other. There are a couple of mentors and students joining the group (although only a couple of them have joined the forum so far). We have people that have studied japanese and lived there as mentors. We rely on some text books, audio tapes and of course this absolutely WONDERFUL website. (frankly the japanesepage.com has been one of the best resources anyone in the group has seen, and the fact its free... well I just have to give applause to Clay for making this happy... bravo).

So please anyone that lives close to here and would like to actually visit other students and practice/study with them. Come on over and introduce yourself in our forums! Once we get people signed up, we'll arrange our first get together!

P.S. I did this where I used to live and it was a big hit. Study groups allow you to actually speak japanese back and forth, and the system of Mentors and students allows the students to improve their spoken japanese if they don't live in japan itself. If anyone else has made a study group in a different area, i'd really be interested in hearing about it.
\"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler.\"
qedhup

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips