Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Some Assets

Some Assets

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Some Assets

Postby nikhilkhullar » Mon 01.16.2012 1:28 am

Konnichiwa !

I found a few wonderful assets in my pursuit of Nihongo. Am still in my early days, but feel that these might be of help to other beginners like me.

Firstly, all of you having a MacBook or running any version of Mac OS, I have a good news for you. There is a hidden Japanese dictionary built right into it, and to a beginner's delight, the explanations are great ! To unlock this dictionary, just open up native dictionary on Mac and go to preferences, check the boxes for Japanese. Scroll down for all Japanese related options. Have fun... :)

Next, I have found these Notes wonderful. You can check these if you like:
Notes on Japanese Grammar by Keith Smillie. Am not sure, whether I can post direct links here but just Google for this and you will get a wonderful 25 page pdf... :)

Finally, I have found a great tool iKana for my Mac. It has a customisable Kana Quiz that can test you on specified set of Hiragana or Katakana and time is adjustable too...

I am really liking the taste of Japanese grammar, specially particles. A lot of similarities to Hindi grammar actually... :)

Will share some more resources as I get along this river of Nihongo. Till then, enjoy sailing and the wonderful sights around...

Cheers !
:)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...
人生は音楽です。
nikhilkhullar

Native language: Hindi

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips