Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - new Anki version on the horizon, looks great!

new Anki version on the horizon, looks great!

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

new Anki version on the horizon, looks great!

Postby phreadom » Tue 03.13.2012 8:40 pm

http://ankisrs.net/docs/dev/changes.html

Mattias (I think it was) pointed this out to me in the chat last night. There are a lot of great new features it looks like!

I know my cousin is particularly fond of the flexible Cloze Deletions (basically a "fill in the blanks" type question, and this new functionality let's you create them automatically from blocks of existing text). :D

I'm really looking forward to this! :D
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: new Anki version on the horizon, looks great!

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Wed 03.14.2012 2:09 am

Actually, you can already create cloze deletions with a click from existing blocks of text...
the new functionality lets you create multiple deletions per card (important when the key term is repeated in a block of text) and customize the appearance of the deletion (meh... annoying when you -can't- customize but not exactly a deal maker or breaker.) At least those are the improvements that caught my eye in the release notes.

My bigger problem is the iPhone. I can't switch to Anki 2 beta until/unless I get into the iPhone beta group (which won't be possible before there -is- an iPhone beta). Well, I -could- simply give up mobile anki... hnhhhn.... no.
SomeCallMeChris

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips