Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - The Densha_Otoko Japanese learning Method

The Densha_Otoko Japanese learning Method

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

The Densha_Otoko Japanese learning Method

Postby Chibiotoko » Mon 10.17.2005 9:40 pm

I thought I would share my method.

I have been learing on and of for about 1 month now and I am very happy with my progress.

The first thing I did was to get my hands on a copy of:

Kevin Trudeau's Mega Memory. This course takes about 6 hours anf you really have to sit down and listen to it but this makes remembering Japanese I whole lot easier, faster and fun.

After this course I got myself a Ipod nano and I copy of pimsleur japanese 1-3. I loaded up the nano with all of the pimsleur japanese lessons and I take it where ever I go. I do the leassons over and over untill I get them perfect.

Of course this method only focuses on listening and speaking but I recomend it. Hopfully this site can help me more with the reading and writting side of things.

:)
Chibiotoko

RE: The Densha_Otoko Japanese learning Method

Postby CajunCoder » Mon 10.17.2005 11:46 pm

Pimsleur? I hear his lessons are really good, and I'd like to try them, but aren't they extremely expensive? I'm a highschool student (last year, getting ready for college...) so, I really don't have money.
CajunCoder

Postby Chibiotoko » Tue 10.18.2005 1:01 am

Many librarys have it, or maybe you could get your school to buy it
Last edited by Chibiotoko on Tue 10.18.2005 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chibiotoko

Postby Budomaru » Tue 10.18.2005 10:09 am

or maybe download the torrent ^_-
Budomaru

Postby nprz » Tue 10.18.2005 5:43 pm

I am sure downloading the torrent would be illegal because the material is copyrighted. I would not suggest recommending anything illegal on a public forum.
I guess since there was no Terms of Service agreement, it isn't against any rules that you agreed to.

Focusing on only speaking/listening in going to end up hurting you in the long run. I've known people that made up for it by reading a lot of manga. It is hard to not be bias toward speaking/listening if you are a talkative person, but it will bite you eventually (like if you ever get a penpal :)
nprz

Postby Qbe » Tue 10.18.2005 8:11 pm

Please don't recommend illegal downloads. Instead, check with your library--as mentioned, many libraries do have Pimsleur. If yours doesn't, ask them to buy it. Many libraries are very responsive to requests like this. The library serves the community, you get to use Pimsleur, and the Pimsleur people get paid. Everyone wins.
Qbe

Postby Budomaru » Wed 10.19.2005 10:36 am

i'm just trying to help dont get me wrong - i cant just sit back and let people be troubled when i can recommend something. in the end its his choice. i didnt post links exactly because i knew some people might not like it so everyone wins ;)
Budomaru

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips