Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Kanji compounds per grade level

Kanji compounds per grade level

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Kanji compounds per grade level

Postby sampaguita » Sun 02.24.2013 10:20 am

I've finally decided to study kanji formally as I am tired of having to use rikaichan all the time for kanji :D .

Are there any programs that give you the kanji COMPOUNDS that you can form per grade level? Like, for example, if you finish 1st grade level, you should be able to pronounce words like 上下、左右、目玉、青年, etc. However, all the study software I've found only focused on the kun/onyomi of the kanji.

Does anyone know of any software for PC or Android which does this? Thanks a lot!
sampaguita

Re: Kanji compounds per grade level

Postby Aaron94 » Sun 02.24.2013 10:42 pm

There an app for that. :P I have imiwa which is also a dictionary. I'm not really if you need that or not but there's a kanji section that lists them by grade. I don't know if it's accurate or not but there's about 2000 kanji.
Aaron94

Native language: English

Re: Kanji compounds per grade level

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Sun 02.24.2013 11:05 pm

I don't know about that, but in a similar approach to what you're asking for, the readthekanji.com web site sorts the kanji by JLPT levels and tests you on reading words in context.

I used it for a time, although ultimately I found that Heisig's Remembering the Kanji and an Anki sentence deck worked better for me. That, however, is a completely different approach from what you were asking for.
SomeCallMeChris

Native language: English

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips