Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hoping to clear JLPT N4 after JLPT N5

Hoping to clear JLPT N4 after JLPT N5

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Hoping to clear JLPT N4 after JLPT N5

Postby nihonkai » Tue 01.13.2015 5:05 am

I am really happy to clear the basic level JLPT4 and learned some basics, phrases and grammar. Now I am hoping to complete the intermediate level that is JLPT5 before this August. From which I am hoping to learn the sentence formation and a good command over Kanji. Does any of you have any resources from where I can learn more about the Japanese language?
nihonkai

Native language: English

Re: Hoping to clear JLPT N4 after JLPT N5

Postby Ongakuka » Tue 01.13.2015 11:50 am

Looks like you got the order right in the topic title, but confused N4 and N5 in your post? N4 is higher than N5.

TJP has plenty of good resources but for something more in-depth, try Tae Kim's guide for grammar: http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar

For Kanji, just put like JLPT N4 Kanji into google and you should get results for the kanji you need to know for the exam. Since kanji are essentially words, it is arguably easier and more efficient to learn them by context (i.e as you read something) but you might not feel comfortable reading stories etc. until N3 - N2 level.

If you'd like any more info please let me know. Good luck! :D
なぜなら、おまえは・・・・・・人形だ
Ongakuka

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips