Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - After Genki?

After Genki?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

After Genki?

Postby I-samu » Mon 02.27.2006 7:44 pm

I'm planning on getting the Genki series books+workbook.
I'm not getting the cd's, because my mom can just rattle off the conversations for me.
What books come after the 2 Genki books?
Will I be able to take a JLPT after this?
Am I able to take a JLPT in America?
[][][][]
I-samu

RE: After Genki?

Postby Kates » Mon 02.27.2006 8:18 pm

I can help with the last question. >_> (But I thought I saw somewhere someone said 'after the Genki books, you should be good to take lvl 3 of the JLPT' .... ) Yes, the JLPT is offered in the States, but only in 8 locations, if I recall correctly. There is an info thread in the JLPT section of the forum where you can find a link to get more info about the test itself. This site (http://www.jflalc.org) should have some helpful info for you too.
Kates

Postby NekoCat » Sun 03.05.2006 2:35 pm

After Genki, I believe you're supposed to get "An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese." At least, that's what I'm going to do.
NekoCat

Postby Sachi » Sun 03.05.2006 2:53 pm

Well, I guess you'll just have to see, ne? If you are having trouble with verbs, get a books on verbs, I guess.

But it's not like it'll be that speey, anyways. I got the first Genki book in late November and have only just touched the surface of the halfway point (and I study hard and a lot :D). So, 4 months to finish half maybe (for me)? 8 months to finish the book perhaps? Then what, a year and 4 months to finish both books?

Maybe it's wise not to plan so far ahead yet :p
Sachi

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips