Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Learning Kanji

Learning Kanji

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Learning Kanji

Postby SweetPolaris » Tue 03.21.2006 5:41 pm

Hi everyone.
I want to get a book that teaches me kanji but I can't make a decision between Basic Kanji Book and A guide to reading and writing japanese. I think both are good in their own ways. Basic Kanji Book from what I heard has a lot of exercises and examples but A guide to reading and writing japanese has more kanji and i could just learn and practice the kanji seperately.

Which one should I get? Please give me your opinions ^__^
SweetPolaris

RE: Learning Kanji

Postby hizoka_darkwolf » Wed 03.22.2006 1:59 pm

(it's so expensive........ )
[center]I never miss.... ャャ[/center]
hizoka_darkwolf

Postby Kates » Thu 03.23.2006 10:52 am

I absolutely love my set of the "Kanji Books." I was lucky to be able to buy all four, and I think they are a really great set of workbooks for learning kanji. If you're willing to put up the money (especially for at least the first two books--after learning 500 kanji, you should know your habits well enough to know how to pursue learning more) I'd recommend them.

Sorry, but I can't say I've ever used the "Guide" to actually learn from (though I recognize the title). I hope you make a decision you're happy with. ^_^
Kates

Postby SweetPolaris » Thu 03.23.2006 4:45 pm

Thank you Kates, that made me decide on which one to get. Ordered the kanji book vol. 1 today :D can't wait for it to arrive!
SweetPolaris

Postby Kates » Thu 03.23.2006 8:02 pm

Wonderful! Please let me know what you think of it. (I hope you like it as much as I! ^^; ) I often recommend this book to Japanese learners, and am very curious to know what you think of the book. I'm also entertaining ideas of teaching Japanese myself one day, so I want to know if this would be a good book to use for that. ^_^
Kates

Postby SweetPolaris » Sat 05.27.2006 7:31 am

Sorry for only replying to this now (school has taken over my life x__x) but I really like the book, it's great.

I think that if you ever teach japanese, this is a wonderful book for your students to use. The only thing that may not be so good is that it doesn't have the answers for the exercises but considering the type of exercises, it's just fine :D
SweetPolaris

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips