Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hiragana almost there

Hiragana almost there

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Hiragana almost there

Postby KINGZ » Wed 07.19.2006 8:30 pm

:D Ok, today I took my software quiz. It was 100 words and Sentences spoken in native Japanese, I had to put in the Hiragana for each word or sentence. (Which was on the screen and each hiragana was randomly placed, so no keyboard could be used) I got two tries for each word.
I was tested on the base 50 Hiragana with the 20 Daku-on and the 5 Han-Daku-on. I was not tested on the You-on or Katakana or the vocabulary yet. The words and sentences ranged from 2 syllables to 20 syllables.
Out of 100 words I got:
11 wrong
23 two tires to get it
66 first time got it
What killed me was the: 
1. syllables らりるれろだづんぢじ
2. The sentences are hard too many syllables
:@
MY ears had problems picking some of these up in the words and sentences, on quite a few I had to play the sound back several times to get it.

I think I started studding on my own back in June 25. So just under a month. Yea I know, a month is a long time to spend on it from what I hear everyone else talking about in their post. (I can be a little slow sometimes :D)

I have about another two or three weeks left (or more) in the section 1 of the software before I move on to next section which I think is Word order, grammar & starting vocabulary (and as usual speech and ear sound attuning) The good thing is that I’m totally off Romaji :), I know them, but I don’t have to fall back on it.

Oh as for the Kanji, I got my Flash Cards and audio files for them, but after going through a few of them, I need to get some grammar underneath me first. (The Major draw back to my learning software, nothing dealing with Kanji.

Sorry about this pointless post, I’m just excited at my progress; I just had to say something. Some of the thanks goes to this webpage and its members!

THANKYOU!
Last edited by KINGZ on Wed 07.19.2006 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KINGZ

RE: Hiragana almost there

Postby Nibble » Wed 07.19.2006 9:24 pm

Keep up the good work! Don't worry about keeping pace with anyone.

What software are you using to study?
Nibble

Postby ochi » Wed 07.26.2006 2:46 am

is it you software free?
if it's free where do you download it?
ochi

Postby KINGZ » Wed 07.26.2006 12:11 pm

ochi wrote:
is it you software free?
if it's free where do you download it?

sry I purchase this software, Link to Review Power Japanese. But you can find everything here on TheJapanesePage.com and its link for free to learn Japanese. The software only provides a guided step.
KINGZ

Postby kanadajin » Wed 07.26.2006 12:18 pm

Good work! You probably did better than I would haveB)
kanadajin

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips