Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - moving to japan.. must study!

moving to japan.. must study!

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

moving to japan.. must study!

Postby m83 » Thu 08.17.2006 12:43 am

So in less than a month i'll be moving to Okinawa to go to school, chances are i'll have to study Japanese extensively being the university only offers a few classes in English (i'm a junior now). With so many resources it's hard to choose and figure out where to start. I took JA 101 and did the first Genki book. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare myself before I go?

thanks!
m83

RE: moving to japan.. must study!

Postby Reno » Thu 08.17.2006 3:31 am

I recommend getting a text book, use this site to learn your kana and just basically use this site for everything (vocab, grammar and kanji).

This is something you won't be able to pull off in just a month but you can try ;), Good luck.
Good luck with studying everybody and I hope one day I will be able to pick it back up.

Until then, a nice goodbye from me to you ;)
Reno

RE: moving to japan.. must study!

Postby clay » Thu 08.17.2006 9:20 am

I hope you will enjoy your stay in Okinawa!

I would start Genki II, work on introductions (including memorizing words related to your background and interests), and really hit the kanji.

You can always post here if you get stuck with something or have a question about how to say something (but post your attempt first!).
clay
Site Admin

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips