Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Can I learn Japanese without taking a class?

Can I learn Japanese without taking a class?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

RE: Can I learn Japanese without taking a class?

Postby Obsessed_Saru » Wed 08.23.2006 10:27 am

I'm learning Japanese with only websites...it's going to take me a long, loooooooooong time but I'm doing it so I bet you (probably the more clever of the two) will be able to do it. It probably is a good idea to get a text book though...maybe I should get one...
There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.
Obsessed_Saru

Postby paul_b » Wed 08.23.2006 10:33 am

Obsessed_Saru wrote:
It probably is a good idea to get a text book though...maybe I should get one...

Libraries are very handy things when you are starting out. Also check the [wiki=Just the FAQs#How do you get the avatar picture to appear under your username?]FAQ[/wiki] on Avatar images.
paul_b

Postby MagicGopher » Wed 08.23.2006 12:21 pm

neo2407 wrote:
Hey, any other tips?
I just found out that I can't do my Highers... for at least a year, and I needed them to do Japanese at University (only 1 University in Scotland does Japanese as an actual course, and 1 other does evening classes but it's about 80 miles from where I live :( ) ...

Also I can't find a Japanese tutor in the area (Yeah I know, the area I live in sucks!), but I've already got someone teaching me to play the guitar so I don't know if I'd be able to do both at once.

Hey neo2407 I'm not sure where U live but I do Japanese in the evenings at Glasgow Uni. Glasgow, Abderdeen, Dundee and Strathclyde universities do evening classes in Japanese if anyone of those is near to u?

Good luck with the highers when U get around to doing them.
MagicGopher

Postby neo2407 » Wed 08.23.2006 12:31 pm

MagicGopher wrote:
Hey neo2407 I'm not sure where U live but I do Japanese in the evenings at Glasgow Uni. Glasgow, Abderdeen, Dundee and Strathclyde universities do evening classes in Japanese if anyone of those is near to u?

Good luck with the highers when U get around to doing them.

The closest is Glasgow Uni, but it usually takes 45 minutes to an hour to drive there. And I can't drive yet, I don't know anyone in Glasgow, and no one would be available to drive me there.
neo2407

Previous

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips