Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Practice coverting verbs, adjectives

Practice coverting verbs, adjectives

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Practice coverting verbs, adjectives

Postby 100PercentWeasel » Mon 09.18.2006 6:19 pm

Is there anything like the flash card or typing test on TJP or on the web that deals with coverting dictionary form of verbs and adjectives to say... Polite, polite past, or practices the ability to distinguish between i/na adjectives? Also, what is it called when you change a verb into itte (ite?, te?) form or some other form giving it a meaning such as, I Want or I Need? These are things I really need practice with any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
There is none more cunning than the weasel.
100PercentWeasel

RE: Practice coverting verbs, adjectives

Postby Shado » Mon 09.18.2006 7:19 pm

There are some quizzes on Wagawiki. And as for your next question, do you mean changing the verb in general. If so then I think the word you want is conjugating. If you are talking about specific forms then they each have names. -te form=-te and -ite.
Shado

Postby 100PercentWeasel » Mon 09.18.2006 9:20 pm

I have somewhat of a big request... I couldn't find what I was looking for so for practices sake I just want to use the TJP's verb list to practice converting dictionary form to polite form but i'm not absolutely sure how to do this so could someone please covert the list?

http://thejapanesepage.com/readarticle. ... cle_id=188
100PercentWeasel

Postby richvh » Mon 09.18.2006 9:28 pm

No one is going to do that much work for you. Instead of giving you fish, I'll show you where to learn to fish: Tae Kim's Guide on polite form.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Postby 100PercentWeasel » Mon 09.18.2006 11:08 pm

Thanks... But I can't read many kanji. How does (s)he expect someone to understand kanji when they can't even grasp something as simple as what shes trying to teach on that page? Or perhaps its just me... Again. -_-;

Nihongo wa muzukashii desu... Tottemo muzukashi. Kanashii desu. 8(
Last edited by 100PercentWeasel on Mon 09.18.2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100PercentWeasel

Postby chikara » Mon 09.18.2006 11:13 pm

You don't need to be able to read kanji to read that page. Position the cursor over a kanji and it will chnage from an arrow (if you are using the default settings) to an arrow with a question mark. A tool tip will pop up with the hiragana and the English translation.
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips