Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - new guy

new guy

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

new guy

Postby NathosSan » Tue 09.26.2006 3:06 pm

hello to all, Ive been on the site for a while now but unfortunatley internet acess went heywire, anyway Ill get to the point. Ive still retained a little of what I knew of the language (and by little I mean very). So in your opinion were would say is the best way to start learning Japanese, seeing as how I am of limited income and having no credit and/or debit cards to order online with.
Chaos For All!!!
NathosSan

RE: new guy

Postby elXco » Tue 09.26.2006 3:58 pm

Welcome NathosSan!
Enjoy the forums and have a fun time!
elXco

Postby Shado » Tue 09.26.2006 4:02 pm

Welcome to the forums!
Most people suggest that a good thing to learn first is hiragana, so that you won't need romaji. (If you haven't learned this already you can learn it from the navigation bar)
Shado

Postby paul_b » Tue 09.26.2006 4:03 pm

NathosSan wrote:
So in your opinion were would say is the best way to start learning Japanese, seeing as how I am of limited income and having no credit and/or debit cards to order online with.

Best combination of cheap + effective can probably be found in your local library (ask them about reserving and inter-library loans if they don't have the good stuff on the shelves).

Somewhat less effective (IMO) are the various sites that include Japanese lessons (including this one) although they are of highly variable quality (including this one) :p
paul_b

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips