Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Pook compatible ebooks/ebook converter?

Pook compatible ebooks/ebook converter?

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Pook compatible ebooks/ebook converter?

Postby richvh » Sat 11.04.2006 5:50 pm

Recently, following links on Aozora Bunko, I installed Architump's Pook ebook reader on my Palm. Finding something to actually read with it, though, has been hard. Voyager's T-Break converts .book format files to Pook compatible format, but the only ebook files I've found so far on Aozora Bunko have been .ebk format, which the PC version of Voyager's T-Time reads just fine, but which I haven't been able to get T-Break to recognize. Can anyone help me find either Pook compatible ebooks, or ones that T-Break can convert, or a converter that I can use to convert other file formats to something compatible with either?

(I followed a link from Voyager and it seems that dotbook.jp sells T-Time compatible e-books, but are they compatible with T-Break?)
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

RE: Pook compatible ebooks/ebook converter?

Postby richvh » Sun 11.05.2006 9:24 am

richvh wrote:
(I followed a link from Voyager and it seems that dotbook.jp sells T-Time compatible e-books, but are they compatible with T-Break?)

Yes, they are; I bought a copy of 里見八犬伝 巻一 from them last night, and T-Break had no problems converting it into a Pook-compatible .pdb file.
Richard VanHouten
ゆきの物語
richvh

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips