Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Tapes/CDs/movies, language oriented or otherwise

Tapes/CDs/movies, language oriented or otherwise

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Tapes/CDs/movies, language oriented or otherwise

Postby BetterSense » Tue 11.21.2006 1:56 pm

I deliver pizza, and due to my audiophile sensitivies I do not listen to music in my car, but I could pass the hours by drilling my head full of japanese.

Surely, material made for learning would be best, and I heard the tapes that come with 'Beginning Japanese' are really good, but you can't buy them separately as far as I know. I also practically have a recording studio at home, so I could easily record any program material whatsoever that has dialog you think would be useful. I actually have almost 20 minutes of office space quotes on my minidisc.
I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
BetterSense

RE: Tapes/CDs/movies, language oriented or otherwise

Postby Chris Hart » Tue 11.21.2006 4:40 pm

I would try checking with your local library. I was able to check out Pimsleur 1A in CD form, or online, I could get the entire Pimsleur 1A 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B, in encrypted WMA format. I downloaded the Japanese courses, but IIRC, there were about a dozen other languages available, as well.

Another useful audio source for learning Japanese is Japanesepod101.com. They have daily podcasts available, each about 15 minutes long, which make great lessons for shorter trips.
Last edited by Chris Hart on Wed 11.22.2006 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-.. .   -.- -.-. ---.. ..- ..-. ...-

I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Chris Hart

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips