Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Mangajin

Mangajin

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

Mangajin

Postby skrhgh3b » Fri 12.22.2006 4:20 pm

Yesterday I found myself a copy of Mangajin magazine in a Half Price Books of all places. I have both the Mangajin books, but I'm glad I've finally had the chance to flip through one of the actual magazines. It's a shame this magazine went belly up so long ago. It's such a wonderful resource for English speaking students of Japanese. I wouldn't exactly describe myself as an anime or manga fan (I have to distance myself from the more embarrassingly hardcore of you), but as Mangajin demonstrates so well, manga can make a genuinely enjoyable reader. Anyone who's had to work their way through The Japan Times' An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese knows how dreadfully bland an ordinary reader can be (*>_<)

I suppose this is a question for Clay: Did any of the "Basic Japanese Through Comics" columns ever cover なんて as a grammar point? If so, that's the issue I'd want to order (^_^;)
♪夢も見たくない 幸せなんか要らない
恋もしたくない お金なんか要らない
ぼくに必要な眠りを眠らせておくれ♪
skrhgh3b

RE: Mangajin

Postby clay » Fri 12.22.2006 5:28 pm

I suppose this is a question for Clay: Did any of the "Basic Japanese Through Comics" columns ever cover なんて as a grammar point? If so, that's the issue I'd want to order (^_^;)

Not sure. I checked the titles quickly but didn't see it. However, it could be there... somewhere.
clay
Site Admin

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips