Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - pen friends

pen friends

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

pen friends

Postby Kidaver » Wed 12.27.2006 4:49 pm

Hello to all,
Firstly, I did a search half a dozen times under various titles but found nothing, so I appologise beforehand if this is something that gets asked alot!

I was wondering if anyone can comment on pen friends / pen pals? Does anyone know a really good site to search on, because I think it would be really interesting to communicate and learn about Japanese culture through a native Japanese via email etc, but I can't seem to find anywhere that is fairly good.

Is it worth it?
Cheers for now,
"Since love and fear can hardly co-exist together, if we must choose, it is far safer to be feared than loved"
Kidaver

RE: pen friends

Postby chiisu321 » Wed 12.27.2006 5:05 pm

Do you actually want to write or would an E-friend work too?
If so japan-guide has a section specifically for language exchange [url]japan-guide.com[/url]

I've never googled it but you could try language exchange in google.
chiisu321

Postby Kidaver » Wed 12.27.2006 5:10 pm

An E-friend? Where the person can speak both languages I'm guessing?
Sorry I'm kind of a total newbie
Last edited by Kidaver on Wed 12.27.2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Since love and fear can hardly co-exist together, if we must choose, it is far safer to be feared than loved"
Kidaver

Postby Kagemaru » Wed 12.27.2006 8:15 pm

Haven't tried the friends community linked from this page?
Plenty of multi-lingual people from all over the world, with a large portion of them Japanese.
Kagemaru

Native language: Greek

Postby Hatori » Wed 12.27.2006 11:55 pm

Kagemaru wrote:
Plenty of multi-lingual people from all over the world, with a large portion of them Japanese.

i've always been sort of afraid to do that because there may be perverts. so, i'm scared to do that. lol. but now that you mention it, i'm gonna check it out. B)
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby Kidaver » Thu 12.28.2006 7:26 am

Thanks I'll see what I can find
Kidaver

Postby chiisu321 » Thu 12.28.2006 11:20 pm

Hatori wrote:
Kagemaru wrote:

i've always been sort of afraid to do that because there may be perverts. so, i'm scared to do that. lol. but now that you mention it, i'm gonna check it out. B)

Maybe it's the fact that I have had only good experieces with language exchange through email, but I fail to see where you fears come from. I guess it's just me.
chiisu321

Postby Hatori » Fri 12.29.2006 12:08 am

chiisu321 wrote:
Hatori wrote:
Kagemaru wrote:

Maybe it's the fact that I have had only good experieces with language exchange through email, but I fail to see where you fears come from. I guess it's just me.

well,... these people or OLD. not like "old person" old, like... older than me i guess i can say.
我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。我是老师。
lol
~ハトリ~
Hatori

Native language: English

Postby Kagemaru » Fri 12.29.2006 1:39 am

Hatori wrote:

This coming from someone soliciting naked as an avatar?
Kagemaru

Native language: Greek

Postby Kidaver » Fri 12.29.2006 9:55 am

I went to japan-guide and there is certainly a fair few ads on there! I messaged several people and placed an ad, now just to hope for a reply B)
Last edited by Kidaver on Fri 12.29.2006 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kidaver

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips