Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Good Kanji learning book......

Good Kanji learning book......

Have a textbook or grammar book that you find particularly helpful? What about a learning tip to share with others?

RE: Good Kanji learning book......

Postby nukemarine » Thu 12.13.2007 10:17 pm

Yudan Taiteki wrote:
I refuse to respond to a 6-month necropost, especially of yet another RTK thread. I do not want this forum to turn into 10 different RTK debates going at the same time.

Wouldn't forums around the world be better off if necro-posts were more used INSTEAD of creating a new topic to rehash what has been discussed in an older thread?

Oh, right, cause then you get responses complaining about bringing up old subjects.

One of those damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of things.

That said, there were some inaccuracies in this thread about RTK: Heisig developed this method while he was not fluent in Japanese (did not even know Inu meant dog). Primitives may not be the same as the keyword, so the keyword "large" would be thought of as a "St. Bernard" when using it as a primitive (should you choose). Reason being, it's easier to imagine a large dog to represent Large than to picture Large.

The part about him being Cthulu was oddly accurate though.
nukemarine

Postby AJBryant » Fri 12.14.2007 10:56 am

I think there's generally an accepted "more than a month old with no new reply, start a new thread" idea.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Native language: English

Postby Yudan Taiteki » Fri 12.14.2007 12:39 pm

Especially when the thread you are necroposting is on the exact same subject as another currently going thread.
-Chris Kern
Yudan Taiteki

Native language: English

Previous

Return to Learning Materials Reviews & Language Learning tips