Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Ohayou gozaimasu. :)

Ohayou gozaimasu. :)

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Ohayou gozaimasu. :)

Postby Insomnia_ » Sat 07.30.2005 9:11 am

I´ve been searching for some good resources to japanese language and i´ve found a 20 good lessons of grammar (in english) and there´s so much stuff here I decided to join in. :)

I´m interested in Japan in many ways. The culture, language and travelling. Seems I can find much stuff here.

I have translated 6 grammar lessons to finnish and took a look at katakana, hiragana and kanji symbols. The main problem i have with japanese is that i cant see the katakana, hiragana or kanji symbols. They dont work with opera or netscape (right?) and i cant find my xp to install languagepackages.. The symbols i´ve seen are on pdf. If someone has a solution for this problem. feel free to tell it. :)

Well, Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.:)
Insomnia_

RE: Ohayou gozaimasu. :)

Postby LordDisa » Sat 07.30.2005 9:32 am

I use Mozilla Firefox, and had a similar problem. I fixed it by loading up IE and going to a page that I knew was entirely Japanese so IE would prompt me for adding the language support, then I agreed, let it install, then closed IE and switched back to Firefox and could then see the kana and kanji with no problems.

I imagine that there's probably an easier way, but once I found *a* way of doing it, I was satisfied.
LordDisa

Postby Insomnia_ » Sat 07.30.2005 9:39 am

I´ve tried that too but when IE tries to install the language packages it asks me to insert the xp cd but i havent found my cd yet. But if there´s no other way, ill keep looking for it.
Insomnia_

Postby LordDisa » Sat 07.30.2005 11:17 am

Hmm, well crap. Any of your local friends have an XP CD that you could borrow? ;) I've tried navigating Microsoft's labyrinth of a website to find the language support/font packs, but to no avail.
Last edited by LordDisa on Sat 07.30.2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordDisa

Postby Insomnia_ » Sat 07.30.2005 11:29 am

Yeah i tried to find some too but found nothing. :/ Ill get the cd. Thanks for your help. :)
Insomnia_

Postby Christian_ » Sat 07.30.2005 12:00 pm

hey um I dont know about netscape but if you go to your internet explorer ( even if you dont use it) open it then go to tools then internet options then in the general tab there should be a thing that says languages down by the bottom you can then add japanese if they dont have that you might have to do eastern asian languages. and then sometimes if you use aol you can surf a page like this with japanese and itll say you need to install japanese fonts to see this and click ok. ( make sure its not a advertisment or anything yet i have never seen one that is a advertisement.) i hope that helps its all i know;)
Christian_

Return to Introductions