Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello everyone - I'm so excited to be here!

Hello everyone - I'm so excited to be here!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello everyone - I'm so excited to be here!

Postby Rykoro » Tue 08.16.2005 10:44 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Charles Allen also known as Rykoro, or Ry.

A little about myself...
I'm 16 years old, live at home, go to a small school (a bit over 300 students, including junior high).

I volenteer for my local fire department and just got "Level 1" a little while ago so now I can enter fires. yay ^_^

I'm GREAT with computers, built my first one with I was 9 (including the installing of drivers and all that great stuff.) Most anything technical seems to just work for me.

I'm a extremely bright person but my school work doesn't refect it (makes my parents, teachers, and just about every adult mad), now that I'm going into grade 11 I'm going to do homework and attend my classes everyday! Thats a promise!

I'm live in Canada...not much more to say there :)

I work as a life guard at a park, get payed next to nothing for it but I enjoy doing it - what is there not to like about helping people... ;)

Reason behind wanting to learn Japanese.
Ever since I was little I wanted to go to Japan and live for awile (always loved their culture) but about a year ago I got into this big rut and figured it was next to imposable since I didn't speak or read Japanese... (I got semi-depressed for awile and nothing seemed worth doing, I actually think it's quite sad now that I even felt depressed)

Anyways I'm passed that! I WILL go to Japan for awile and thats why I came here. Japanese is what I want to learn, and a friendly forum like yours might be just what I need to help me along the way. (you will won't you?) :)

And here is where my problem lies....I REALLY don't know where to start...any chance I could be lead into the right direction?

Thanks for reading!

-Ry
Last edited by Rykoro on Tue 08.16.2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rykoro

RE: Hello everyone - I'm so excited to be here!

Postby Daisuke » Wed 08.17.2005 1:56 am

Welcome! :)

Start by learning hiragana and katakana. http://www.thejapanesepage.com/articles.php?cat_id=8.

Good luck studying. ;)
Daisuke
Site Admin

Postby Daichi » Wed 08.17.2005 4:57 am

....I REALLY don't know where to start...any chance I could be lead into the right direction?

What do you mean you don't know where to start? You've already made a great start by joining this site! You can be sure that if you ever need help, someone here will be glad to be of assistance, as our good friend Daisuke has already demonstrated.

Good luck with your studies, and send me a postcard when you get to Japan(!)
Daichi

Postby Rykoro » Wed 08.17.2005 6:23 am

Hahahhaha yeah I sure will, from what I hear sending a postcard from japan costs next to nothing and it's popular to do - go figure :P

If anyone has MSN feal free to add me:
Rykoro (at) gmail.com
Last edited by Rykoro on Wed 08.17.2005 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-うどん
Rykoro

Return to Introductions