Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - どうもどうも

どうもどうも

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

どうもどうも

Postby Reft » Fri 02.12.2010 9:57 am

はじめまして.....というか...久しぶり?

Hi all,

I've used this site for a long time, it's a fantastic resource, I used to post here under a different name before the site got a complete overhaul, I can't even recall what my username was or when I last logged in ... or in fact what email address I tied it to so I decided to start afresh. To be honest I don't think I wrote a self intro back then either, my poor organization skills probably meant I overlooked it.

I'm a 28 year old British man and I've been living in Wakayama, Japan for about 4 years now with my wife and son. Like the rest of you on a never ending quest to improve my Japanese, I finally feel lie I'm making some small progress now so maybe I can start giving a little back to the community.

よろしくお願いします
Reft

Native language: English

Re: どうもどうも

Postby clay » Fri 02.12.2010 10:16 am

Welcome back!

My cousin was in Wakayama (JET program) a decade back. Also to be filed under the fascinating facts folder, I believe Tendo Yoshimi was born there. :)
TheJapanShop.com- Japanese language learning materials
Checkout our iPhone apps: TheJapanesePage.com/iPhone
clay
Site Admin

Postby Harisenbon » Sat 02.13.2010 10:35 pm

Welcome to TJP!

I originally requested Wakayama when I came to Japan, but am now living in Gifu.
What do you do in Wakayama?
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby Reft » Mon 02.15.2010 9:27 am

Thanks very much for the welcome. :D

Applied to Wakayama eh? Interesting that you didn't get it (unless you did and then moved on ofc), there aren't too many people who apply to come down this way (although I did - rather randomly)

I'm ALT'ing my way through life for the time being and in three or four minds about what to do following this. I'm interested in translation, and getting to the stage where I can pretty much do it, but unfortunately lack a special area of experience (seems that medical or IT based folk are the only ones in real demand, and I'm unfortunately neither).
Reft

Native language: English

Postby Harisenbon » Mon 02.15.2010 8:11 pm

Yeah, I found it odd that I didn't get in to Wakayama either, but who can fathom the workings of JET bureaucracy. *laugh* Not that I'm complaining, having settled down in Gifu.

Looking to go into translating?
I wish I could be of some help, but my english is the bad. ;)

My wife did translation for a while, and it seems that you either have to join up with a translation office, or just get in with a large company who is looking for a translator but doesn't want to pay the money to hire someone from a translation office.

Freelancing translation is apparently pretty hard to do in Japan...
Want to learn Japanese the right way? How about for free?
Ippatsu // Japanesetesting.com
Harisenbon

Native language: (poor) English

Postby coco » Thu 04.08.2010 8:55 pm

Reft wrote:はじめまして.....というか...久しぶり?

Hi all,

I've used this site for a long time, it's a fantastic resource, I used to post here under a different name before the site got a complete overhaul, I can't even recall what my username was or when I last logged in ... or in fact what email address I tied it to so I decided to start afresh.

間違っているかもしれないけれど、もしや PsychoSP さん?
coco

Native language: 日本語(Japanese)

Return to Introductions