Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Ossu!

Ossu!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Ossu!

Postby sgtkira » Tue 02.16.2010 11:17 pm

Hello everyone. I am here to learn Japanese (you can do that here? :O) so that one day I could translate older Tokusatsu shows, as well as some unsubbed Anime and Dramas. I would also like to visit Japan one day and not be lost and have to say "Hai!" after every pause the person makes while speaking :P
sgtkira

Re: Ossu!

Postby chikara » Tue 02.16.2010 11:53 pm

TJP e youkoso

sgtkira wrote:.... I am here to learn Japanese (you can do that here? :O) ....

Yes, you can learn Japanese here. There are plenty of lessons. It doesn't hurt to get a text book though and follow some sort of structured approach.

I'm not sure "ossu" is an appropriate greeting for people you don't even know. Is that an anime/manga thing? If you do visit Japan one day I would personally advise against using it unless you are in a doujou. :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby sgtkira » Wed 02.17.2010 12:01 am

chikara wrote:TJP e youkoso

sgtkira wrote:.... I am here to learn Japanese (you can do that here? :O) ....

Yes, you can learn Japanese here. There are plenty of lessons. It doesn't hurt to get a text book though and follow some sort of structured approach.

I'm not sure "ossu" is an appropriate greeting for people you don't even know. Is that an anime/manga thing? If you do visit Japan one day I would personally advise against using it unless you are in a doujou. :)

Yeah I know, sorry. lol. I was trying to pick a greeting I haven't seen, and I didn't see that one on the first page. And I saw it in Sentai (Gekiranger if anyone knows what I'm talking about ^^) And I want to learn a little here before I go off to college and actually take Japanese as my language requirement
sgtkira

Postby chikara » Wed 02.17.2010 12:30 am

sgtkira wrote:..... I was trying to pick a greeting I haven't seen, and I didn't see that one on the first page. ....

There may be a good reason for that :wink:

sgtkira wrote:..... ..... I saw it in Sentai (Gekiranger if anyone knows what I'm talking about ^^) ...

I don't but I assume it is something related to Power Rangers since you are interested in the Tokusatsu genre.

sgtkira wrote:..... I want to learn a little here before I go off to college and actually take Japanese as my language requirement

Good luck with your studies.

ganbatte
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby phreadom » Wed 02.17.2010 6:58 am

What Chikara said, and Welcome to TJP! :D

TJPへようこそ! ;)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Return to Introductions