Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - はじめまして。

はじめまして。

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

はじめまして。

Postby Reus958 » Sun 02.21.2010 1:45 am

はじめまして。わたしは Nate です。どうぞうよろしく。

I am a first year japanese student, and I love the language and what I've seen of the culture. I'm trying to learn more japanese so I can become fluent faster. I don't know much though. At this point, I don't know much more than 100 words. I've mastered hiragana (reading and writing, not spelling :P ), but my katakana and kanji skills have yet to be developed.

Thank you for your time, I hope we'll have some great experiences.
Reus958

Native language: English

はじめまして。

Postby Reus958 » Sun 02.21.2010 1:53 am

はじめまして。わたしは Nate です。どうぞうよろしく

I am a first year japanese student, 2nd year of high school (of four years), and I am very excited about the language. I've mastered hiragana, but I know little of katakana or kanji. My goal is to become mostly fluent in as short a time as is reasonable. I plan on visiting japan in about 18 months on my school's exchange program.

I hope we will have some exciting times.
Reus958

Re: はじめまして。

Postby phreadom » Sun 02.21.2010 6:04 am

(I wasn't sure which of these 2 posts you preferred, so I just merged them both together. It seems that lately new users aren't noticing the page that says that first posts are moderated and won't appear until approved by a moderator? I've seen a lot of double first posts in the past 2 weeks or so.)

None the less, WELCOME! :D I'm pretty sure that most people will recommend that you get a textbook... something like Genki, or Japanese For Everyone. While it is possible to self-study, a textbook is a huge help and provides a solid structured system to move you forward in a way designed to reinforce what you've already learned etc.

TJP member Infidel has done a write-up on the pros and cons and information on many of the well known text books. :D

Selecting a Japanese Textbook (see also Japanese Textbook List for some more rough draft info on more textbooks)

I personally own both the Genki and the Japanese for Everyone books... along with the Genki workbook, answer book, and audio CD for level I. I haven't made it to where I need Genki II yet. ;)

Feel free to ask any questions you might have and we'll try our best to answer them. :)

TJPへようこそ! :) 「Welcome to TJP!」 どうぞよろしく。
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Reus958 » Sun 02.21.2010 5:58 pm

Thank you for the welcome. I didn't notice the page that said that until I had submitted the second one. That's something I shouldn't have missed. :P

I fortunately already have a textbook because of my school's course. It seems to be a better textbook then I've seen in spanish classes. It's called Adventures in Japanese 1 and has been pretty good as far as I've read. Also, if I need help, my grandfather speaks fluent japanese due to his work. I don't think he is literate, but I would rather have fluency than literacy.
Reus958

Postby chikara » Sun 02.21.2010 6:05 pm

TJPへようこそ  :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Introductions