Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - コニチワ

コニチワ

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

コニチワ

Postby Gnight » Thu 04.29.2010 6:58 pm

Hello, TJP! I am Gnight and I've been seriously studying Japanese for over 6 months and I am now an upper-beginner( at least I hope so!). I've learned all of the Hiragana and Katakana and currently learning Japanese grammar, kanji, and vocabulary. This site is so awesome for teaching me what I know now and I spend most of my japanese study time right here! I understand that I can only go so far by studying the language by myself which brings me here.

EDIT:
With all the security measures and requiring a staff member to approve my new post, ya'll must've had some problems in the past. ^^;
Gnight

Native language: English

Re: コニチワ

Postby phreadom » Fri 05.07.2010 12:17 am

Gnight wrote:Hello, TJP! I am Gnight and I've been seriously studying Japanese for over 6 months and I am now an upper-beginner( at least I hope so!). I've learned all of the Hiragana and Katakana and currently learning Japanese grammar, kanji, and vocabulary. This site is so awesome for teaching me what I know now and I spend most of my japanese study time right here! I understand that I can only go so far by studying the language by myself which brings me here.

EDIT:
With all the security measures and requiring a staff member to approve my new post, ya'll must've had some problems in the past. ^^;

Welcome to TJP! :D Yes, unfortunately we had some really nasty spammers... even worse than the normal (basically almost daily) spammers, we had some vicious people come in and post incredibly horrible posts full of pictures of graphic violence and offensive things that were very anti-Japan... so to try to avoid these kinds of things ever making an appearance here again we moderate the first post of new users to make sure they're valid people actually interested in learning Japanese. This seems to have stopped almost all of the spam and so forth from ever making it into the open. :) I know it's kind of a hassle to wait for your first post to be moderated, but it was a trade off we felt was worth it.

Do you think there is a way we could make it more clear to the user what's going on for that first post so that it doesn't confuse or discourage people? We want to make it as easy and enjoyable as possible to start talking to other people here. :)

Thanks and TJPへようこそ! :mrgreen:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: コニチワ

Postby Gnight » Thu 05.27.2010 3:01 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't have any ideas right now.
Gnight

Native language: English

Return to Introductions