Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hi!~

Hi!~

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hi!~

Postby Cass » Sun 06.20.2010 8:18 am

I've always wanted to learn another language... It was a choice between German, French, or Japanese. I chose Japanese because everytime I learned a new letter, or a new word, I just felt good about it. So here I am! This is probably the neatest site I've seen, with a friendly community and awesome admins. I'm happy to be here! :colonthree:

I also started up a blog on a Japanese site, called Ameba, since my friends and I are all learning Japanese together and we can practice by talking with each other.

I kinda borrowed a few quotes from here for my profile, oops :sweatdrop:. But I'd like to thank the people at Yahoo! Answers for helping me when I was struggling with translating this:
私はおかみというゲームが好きです。
Anyone else?
(What I had was completely wrong, well I got one part right...)

Spoiler:
Yes I am a fan of Anime/Manga. But I don't watch/read it much...
o(^▽^)o
Cass

Native language: English

Re: Hi!~

Postby phreadom » Sun 06.20.2010 2:02 pm

Welcome to TJP! :mrgreen: Sorry I can't do much to help translate that... :think: I'm quite the perpetual newbie myself... but I'm sure someone else will wander along shortly and have a stab at it. :)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby NileCat » Sun 06.20.2010 2:31 pm

Hello Cass
I know next to nothing about anime or manga.
But if you have questions, feel free to post them here.
As you see, this is a great site. I'm sure you can find someone who knows them very well.
Good luck with your study.
Welcome to TJP. :evil:
NileCat

Native language: Japanese

Postby 1mist1 » Sun 06.20.2010 3:57 pm

when in doubt: google translate?
^_^

and welcome... i'm new too! ^_^ your lucky i wish i had friends who i could practice speaking with cass. but all of my friends aren't as serious about learning japanese as me... anyway hello ^_^
1mist1

Postby phreadom » Sun 06.20.2010 4:03 pm

I tend to use Excite translate... it seems to give a lot better results. And although we tend to discourage the use of machine translators around here... this is what Excite gave me: "I like game of god." :think:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby Hyperworm » Sun 06.20.2010 5:20 pm

I think it should probably read 大神(おおかみ) and not おかみ...
fun translation snippets | need something translated?
BTC@1KMZXgoWiDshQis5Z7feCx8jaiP4QAB2ks
Hyperworm

Postby Hektor6766 » Sun 06.20.2010 9:17 pm

戦争の神ですか?
Hektor6766

Postby Cass » Mon 06.21.2010 7:38 am

I tend to use Excite translate... it seems to give a lot better results. And although we tend to discourage the use of machine translators around here... this is what Excite gave me: "I like game of god."

I can see why you got that. I said, "I like a game called Okami." Since Okami was changed to Ookami to be translated into Japanese, which means god, you got "God" instead of the original title, "Okami". That is not bad of a translator, though. :) I was a bit hesitant of even changing Okami into Japanese form, afraid this would happen. Ah, well.

EDIT: In case you were wondering, Okami is a Japanese-based game with beautiful landscapes desinged with watercolor. It's pretty cool, if you want to check it out you can at okami-game.com

And thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. It's great to be here! :colonthree:
o(^▽^)o
Cass

Postby 1XLADEDAX1 » Mon 06.21.2010 6:41 pm

Yo!~ lol you aren't the only newbie around in the website!~ sadly, i don't have anyone to practice with-infact i'm basicly on my own!~ :P

though the reason why i'm tryin' to learn japanese(even though i'm chinese) is because i want to! yes, i do like anime and manga but it'd be great to at least read it like a 3rd language(english is my 1st, spanish is my 2nd)!~ :D
1XLADEDAX1

Return to Introductions