Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 初めまして~

初めまして~

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

初めまして~

Postby The Lady Ashuko » Tue 07.06.2010 6:59 pm

皆さんこんにちは。私の名前はアシュレーだけどニックネームはデーム亜種子です。長い話です。五年前、日本の静岡市に留学しました。その時から日本語の勉強で頑張りました。今年の八月からハワイで日本語専攻を始めます。趣味はアルゼンチンタンゴや読むのや手で縫うのや音楽やファッションです。一番好きな教科書はみんなの日本語です。今すぐプレイスメント試験に勉強します。どうぞよろしくお願いします!

Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you. My name is Ashley but my nickname is Dame Ashuko. It's a long story. 5 years ago I did a foreign exchange to Shizuoka City in Japan. After that I've really worked hard at learning Japanese. In August of this year I'll start a Japanese major at the University of Hawai'i. My hobbies include Argentine Tango, reading, hand sewing, music, and fashion. My textbook of choice is Minna no Nihongo. Right now I am studying hard for my placement exam. Yoroshiku!
吾輩は猫である。名前はまだ無い。
The Lady Ashuko

Native language: English

Re: 初めまして~

Postby phreadom » Wed 07.07.2010 10:49 am

TJPへようこそアシュレーさん! どうぞよろしく。 がんばってね!

(unfortunately that's about the limit of my 日本語 currently, but your introduction is inspiring! ありがとう!) :mrgreen:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby sazanami » Wed 07.07.2010 12:24 pm

Welcome to the TJP and good luck to your exam! :)
And you are really lucky that you could get to Japan, I hope one day I also will be able to get there.
sazanami

Native language: Hungarian

Postby AJBryant » Wed 07.07.2010 12:51 pm

Welcome to the madhouse!

The Argentine tango? Wow!

You've chosen a good college -- especially for Japanese studies. I look forward to great things. :)
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby David1978 » Wed 07.07.2010 4:13 pm

Hi, good luck with your exam!! :wink:
David1978

Native language: dutch, french, engli

Postby chikara » Wed 07.07.2010 7:20 pm

TJPへようこそ :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby The Lady Ashuko » Thu 07.08.2010 1:04 pm

phreadom wrote:TJPへようこそアシュレーさん! どうぞよろしく。 がんばってね!

(unfortunately that's about the limit of my 日本語 currently, but your introduction is inspiring! ありがとう!) :mrgreen:

Thank you for the welcome! And keep working hard and the skill will follow. I learned most of my basics with no textbooks and no language partners, just a dictionary. Not very efficient and certainly not advisable for most, but it's remarkable what can be accomplished from sheer force of will! My advice to you is this: don't be slowed by what you don't know. Pretend that you are a skilled speaker and if you need a word you don't know, figure out some other way to say it, even if it's wrong.

AJBryant wrote:Welcome to the madhouse!

The Argentine tango? Wow!

You've chosen a good college -- especially for Japanese studies. I look forward to great things. :)

Thank you! I happen to know that madhouses are quite fun, as is Argentine Tango. I am very fortunate in that not only is UH one of the best schools for Japanese study, but Hawai'i also has a very active tango community. Everything is coming together nicely!

As for those not commented, thank you for the welcome and the well wishes! m(_ _)m
吾輩は猫である。名前はまだ無い。
The Lady Ashuko

Return to Introductions