Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello there!

Hello there!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello there!

Postby Mysticriver » Mon 07.12.2010 6:30 pm

こんにちわ! じぇっしかです. よろしくおねがいします.

Hiya! I'm Jessica! It's nice to meet you~ I've been looking for people to learn Japanese with for a long time, now. I've been an anime fan since I was 12 or so, starting with the American stuff that played on Toonami back in the day. When I grew old enough I started watching anime in Japanese and soon learned I had a passion for learning about Japanese culture... and I really wanted to learn to speak Japanese.
I've taken a basic class in grammar so I know a little bit, and am planning on taking Japanese 101 this coming semester in college.
I can read and write Hiragana and Katakana largely in part to the following site: Japanese-lesson.com which I would recommend to anybody and everybody. I'm currently studying Kanji using a box of beginning kanji flashcards and can recognize and write 90 kanji currently. I found this site while looking for kanji online to try to put into a powerpoint so I can study while I'm folding laundry or my hands are otherwise busy.

So... Hi! I hope that I can find some good learning partners here!!

And if anybody knows a way to make my own keyboard type in hiragana... I would like to know, please!
Mysticriver

Native language: English

Re: Hello there!

Postby chikara » Mon 07.12.2010 8:19 pm

TJPへようこそ  :)

Mysticriver wrote:..... if anybody knows a way to make my own keyboard type in hiragana... I would like to know, please!

Questions about using Japanese on my computer
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Re: Hello there!

Postby phreadom » Mon 07.12.2010 9:06 pm

Perhaps the easiest to remember spot to reference is right in our Getting Started guide that will walk you through these basic questions and point you to the right places elsewhere on the site. :)

http://thejapanesepage.com/getting-star ... -do-i-type

Let us know if you have any trouble figuring it out and we can try to help. :)

TJPへようこそ! (Welcome to TJP!) :mrgreen:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Return to Introductions