Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - 皆さん、こんにちは!

皆さん、こんにちは!

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

皆さん、こんにちは!

Postby ピーター » Tue 07.13.2010 7:04 am

私はピーターです。よろしくおねがいします。

日本語にきょうみがあるし、このサイトがとてもあいそうがよさそうな社会だし、ここに日本語を勉強しに来ました。

I've actually been here for a while, and made a few posts, but I kept putting off making a proper introductory post and I finally got around to doing it. :)

I'm from the UK, and have been interested in the Japanese language and culture for a while, with my short-term goal being to take an AS Level examination in it, hopefully passing with a decent grade. :D

Sorry for the somewhat inconsistent use of kanji in my Japanese, I try to avoid using any Kanji on a computer I don't know/couldn't write by hand. Any corrections are, of course, greatly appreciated. (Why else would I be here? :P)
ピーター

Native language: English

Re: 皆さん、こんにちは!

Postby phreadom » Tue 07.13.2010 8:16 am

Welcome ピーターさん! :) I know I've seen you posting in the past, so I was a bit surprised to see your intro post... I guess I didn't notice that you hadn't made one yet... you already feel like a regular to me! :mrgreen:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby ピーター » Tue 07.13.2010 8:23 am

Thanks :) , I've been intending to make one for a while, but kept forgetting or putting it off. :P
ピーター

Postby chikara » Tue 07.13.2010 8:05 pm

ピーターさん、TJPへようこそ  :)

ピーター wrote:...... my short-term goal being to take an AS Level examination in it .....

I've heard of A-Levels but what is an AS-Level?
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Postby ピーター » Wed 07.14.2010 4:50 am

An AS Level is just the first half of an A Level basically, so if I do well enough on that I'd want to take the second half, the A2, next year. :)

And thanks for the welcome. :D
ピーター

Postby becki_kanou » Wed 07.14.2010 8:51 am

Hello and welcome. TJPへようこそ! :D
そうだ、嬉しいんだ、生きる喜び!
例え胸の傷が痛んでも。
becki_kanou

Skype chat: yes_becki
Native language: U.S. English, 米語

Postby ピーター » Thu 07.15.2010 5:52 am

Thank you for your kind welcome. :)

Also, this probably isn't the best place to ask, but it hardly justifies a new thread, but does anyone know why IME doesn't seem to work sometimes? On certain programs, (and recently on my browser, which is troublesome), I haven't been able to get the buttons which let me choose to convert into hiragana or katakana, so I can only type in romaji. :?
It still works in notepad for some reason, so if I want to write anything in Japanese script I have to write it there and then copy + paste it into my browser. :(

Thanks for any help, and once again for your kind welcomes.
ピーター

Postby tōkai devotee » Thu 07.15.2010 7:30 am

My IME is like that too. I assume it's just temperamental, but if anyone has a real reason why this happens and better still, a solution, I'd be happy to hear it :lol:
tōkai devotee

Native language: Australian!

Return to Introductions