Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Yet another introduction

Yet another introduction

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Yet another introduction

Postby Tsikura » Sun 08.01.2010 8:11 am

こんにちわ!

Been registered for a few weeks now, lurked a bit before and I must say I truly enjoy this website. I hope the be more of an active member than one of the many that disappeared (granted that data was back in 2006).

I take criticism as I don't get butthurt so any suggestions, any corrections, whatever that I spew out in threads is appreciated as I love and enjoy the Japanese culture and language (especially anime/manga) so I'd like to give it the proper respect when it comes to learning. Really enjoyed growing up in school where the majority of the kids were chinese/japanese/korean and being one of the minority (spanish).

As far as everything goes, I know hiragana and katakana quite well and pretty much just started picking up on kanji but I'm also working my strategy a bit and finding out what to do next. I can follow along and read kana well but what gets me is understanding what the hell I just read means. I'm reading this book I picked up from the library which has alot of romanji dialogues but looking at books recommended on this site.

I don't have a job right now and I'm taking this semester off from computer science at the university so I'm dedicating 5-6 hours everyday for the next 6 months towards japanese :)

There's no irc chat right? Just the JWChat on the site? In any case, hope to become a regular member and get to know you all better. Certainly can't wait to take the JLPT one day here in NYC.
Tsikura

Native language: English

Re: Yet another introduction

Postby Snowflake » Sun 08.01.2010 12:15 pm

Greetings, Tsikura! I'm sure you'll make a lot of progress if you study 5-6 hours a day! Thanks for the link to the "many who've disappeared". Interesting! I wonder what those stats look like now, in 2010.
Snowflake

Postby ZetaFox » Sun 08.01.2010 4:25 pm

Very nice. I was also a Computer science major (but decided that wasn't what I wanted to do as a career), and very enthusiastic about the Japanese language.
I also kind of like anime, manga and Japanese drama.

Heck, like yourself, I was even lurking around here for ages before signing up :lol:. It's always a nice boost for the morale to see someone with so much in common :) . Big welcome from me.

ようこそ、これからよろしくお願いします。
ZetaFox

Postby chikara » Sun 08.01.2010 11:51 pm

TJPへようこそ  :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Introductions