Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello All

Hello All

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello All

Postby DBakathaillist » Thu 02.03.2011 12:11 am

Hey JP community,

I've taken an interest in learning the Japanese Language and all it has to offer the past couple of weeks. Well that is, I've always had an interest in it since I LOVE to watch anime, read manga, and play a lot of Japanese RPG's. Lately, I've decided that enough is enough and that I should take action into learning how to speak/read the japanese language by myself without any translations.

With that being said, I've googled the Japanese sentence structure and it doesn't seem to be as hard as I thought it would be. After doing research on this, I became more confident in my ability to learn how to speak Japanese.

So here I am, I've decided to act on it. I bought a couple of books that will help me to get to where I want in speaking Japanese (Barron's Master the Basics: Japanese, Japanese Demystified, and the Pocket Kenkyusha Japanese Dictionary).

I will make my presence known on this board and try to participate in different topics to help me brush up on my Japanese. I'm willing to travel this long road and venture on this exciting journey to learning to speak fluent Japanese. :)
DBakathaillist

Native language: English

Re: Hello All

Postby play_on_my_words » Thu 02.03.2011 6:45 pm

Well you have a good start already for the most part. You have a good amount of books and there is a good amount of resources on the internet. I'd use an internet resource in conjunction with Japanese Demystified. Also I would like to give a tip, learn hiragana and katakana early and you'll save a lot of trouble. Anyway, hope you have fun with learning Japanese. TJPへようこそ。よろしくね。
play_on_my_words

Native language: English

Re: Hello All

Postby chikara » Thu 02.03.2011 8:33 pm

TJP e youkoso

ganbatte :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Introductions