Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - はじめまして

はじめまして

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

はじめまして

Postby sorachan8 » Wed 03.16.2011 1:13 am

子に地は、空ちゃん8です。Hi everyone sorry if the japanese looks funny. I just found out that I already had japanese setup on my computer and still learning how to type with it, and it keeps trying to put all my words in kanji. :sweatdrop: (witch isn't a bad thing, but I know about 5 kanji and bearly even know any words too. kind of sad since I've been trying to learn this beutefel language for ten years, and all I have to show for it is knowing all my hiragana, some of my katakana, and very few kanji.) Anyone got any good tips I could use? I would appreciate any. :)
On a side note I love anime and manga, probably n'o shock there. I'm planning on drawing my own manga some day. I hope to be able to write it in japanese. :bow:
sad sora
sorachan8

Native language: English

Re: はじめまして

Postby Dustin » Wed 03.16.2011 2:01 am

Welcome to TJP

With most IME's as long as you don't kit the spacebar, it won't convert to kanji. I recommend typing your words, and then hitting enter to lock them into place as as kana until you know the kanji that you want to se, otherwise it sill come out as a garbled mess ( as it did above )

Good luck!
Dustin

Native language: English

Re: はじめまして

Postby chikara » Wed 03.16.2011 2:22 am

TJPへようこそ  :wave:

sorachan8 wrote:子に地は、空ちゃん8です。Hi everyone sorry if the japanese looks funny. ....

You're missing an ん from 子に地は :P

sorachan8 wrote: On a side note I love anime and manga, probably n'o shock there. ...

None whatsoever :)
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Return to Introductions