Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hey Everyone

Postby TenchiMayo » Wed 09.28.2011 1:31 pm

I'm new to the site, please to meet everyone here.
I'm from the states, not really new to Japanese culture or the language; however, I've never took my studying serious enough until recently. I had many chances to learn over the years, but it was bit difficult for me at that time. I have confidence in being able comprehend the Japanese language in written and speaken form (I am not trying to sound ignorant or cocky). I have ZERO confidence, I will ever learn how to speak Japanese or any other language, but I am really trying. Well, please guide me well. Thank you
TenchiMayo

Native language: English

Re: Hey Everyone

Postby AJBryant » Thu 09.29.2011 3:54 pm

Welcome to the madhouse.

What level of a learner are you? (High school, college, what?) The useful materials (and the time to spend on them) tend to vary a bit.

Tony
AJBryant
Site Admin

Postby phreadom » Thu 09.29.2011 4:02 pm

I got a good boost of confidence just from learning some of the kana. Once I started reading some of the basics, I felt I could really begin to understand how the language worked. Of course it takes time, but if you keep chipping away at it, you will make progress. :)

I'm still only basically an upper beginner, but I know I know so much more now than I did when I started. We just keep taking steps in the right direction and making progress... even if it's just baby steps. :colonthree:
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Postby TenchiMayo » Tue 10.04.2011 4:04 pm

@AJBryant,

Lol Thanks
I'm in college - returning student. I got some pretty good book material. I've found some decent video material online.

@Phreadom,

I'm at the basic level, lol. So far, I've learned the first set of kana - Hiragana. In addition, I've been learning words from the practice too. Been trying to get my ex-roommate to teach me Japanese, but we never get around to practicing. With her, it has to be close or precise but that's her OCD personality :P

Yeah, in the past I use to rush through the material and didn't practice enough. I wouldn't return to the material for couple weeks.
Thanks for the encouragement, Phreadom. Good Luck with your studies as well.
TenchiMayo

Return to Introductions