Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello everyone

Hello everyone

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello everyone

Postby Danylo96 » Thu 11.17.2011 2:35 pm

My name is Danylo and I live in England.
I started learning a bit of Japanese last August for no particular reason, but for the past few months my studies have really started to get serious. I can read Hiragana and Katakana, as well as a few kanji. I've worked my way through a few books as well.

I'm obviously not the greatest, being self taught, and I struggle to balance Japanese studies along with revising for impending GCSE's, but anyway I hope to learn some usefull stuff from this site.
:)

はじめまして
Danylo96

Native language: English

Re: Hello everyone

Postby chikara » Thu 11.17.2011 8:13 pm

TJPへようこそ  :wave:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Re: Hello everyone

Postby micahcowan » Sat 11.19.2011 10:16 pm

Danylo96 wrote:I'm obviously not the greatest, being self taught, and I struggle to balance Japanese studies along with revising for impending GCSE's, but anyway I hope to learn some usefull stuff from this site.

Most of my Japanese is self-taught; there's nothing wrong with that, for Japanese or any other language, provided you have solid sources for pronunciation, and that when you're ready for it, you seek out practice with native speakers at every opportunity (better yet, make your opportunities). I don't believe it's as important to focus on speaking as on listening, so you can use passive listening sources, such as movies and television and the like (provided that you bear in mind that dorama and anime often tend to use ridiculously unnatural speech patterns, or a level of rudeness/bluntness not normally found in actual Japanese situations).

Welcome to TJP!
micahcowan

Native language: US English/米語

Return to Introductions