Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - New and looking to start Intermediate Japanese.

New and looking to start Intermediate Japanese.

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

New and looking to start Intermediate Japanese.

Postby Spencer » Tue 12.06.2011 11:49 pm

はじめまして。 ジュリアン です。
Hi, I just got " An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese " by Akira Miura and Naomi Hanaoka McGloin, from thejapanshop.com. It just arrived today. It looks cool, I'm stoked. Thanks, Japanshop.

I'm here because I need some help from time to time. No, actually I'm going to need help often. I don't really want to bother anyone with this though but this book is kind of difficult in a few places. If anyone wants to study this one with me that would be awesome too.

What I've done so far:
I've read " Japanese De Mystified " by Eriko Sato. I started that one in the middle of 2011 when I decided to start Japanese. I made an Anki Deck for myself with phrases from the book. I knew Hiragana and Katakana before I started that book but just needed to refresh my memory a bit. I studied just a little bit a long time ago but forget most of what I learned. I also picked up around 200 or so Kanji from reading that book although the book really does nothing to drill you on Kanji, Katakana or Hiragana. My Anki deck kind of drilled me on the Kanji.

Maybe I could get help in the Chat or someone could show me where to open up posts in the forum to discuss this book. I thought about doing Genki but I don't feel like going back to another basic book. I don't want to waste my time because I feel a sense of urgency. I'm eager to take my skills up to at least N2 and I know I'll need more books after this one to get there.

Please post a reply if you're studying or have previously studied Intermediate Japanese.
Spencer

Native language: English

Re: New and looking to start Intermediate Japanese.

Postby chikara » Wed 12.07.2011 7:08 pm

TJPへようこそ  :wave:
Don't complain to me that people kick you when you're down. It's your own fault for lying there
chikara

Native language: English (Australian)

Re: New and looking to start Intermediate Japanese.

Postby Spencer » Sat 12.10.2011 9:32 pm

Thanks for the welcome!
I forgot to mention that I'm somewhat against romanji since it doesn't help me learn reading Japanese and it sometimes tricks me into making the wrong vowel sound, I guess that's kind of obvious though. I'm still finding the Kanjis a bit difficult.
Spencer

Native language: English

Return to Introductions