Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello everbody

Hello everbody

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello everbody

Postby Big John » Wed 10.12.2005 5:49 am

My name is John and I am 23 years old. I am glad to finally get around to joining this site as I have looked over it now for the last few weeks and found some very helpful advice.
I currently work in a hospital in Northern Ireland (A Med Lab assistant) and have had a love for Japan for a long time. I have always wanted to learn Japanese but there are so few resources here that I can find to help.
But now i have an even more exciting reason for wanting to learn. In October 2006 I aim to go to Japan and take part in the Imperial Pilgrimage Route Trek as part of the hiking holiday provided by Himalayan Kingdoms. It's a 15 day trek through the rural side (mostly) of Japan and I have been planning to go for a while, so my aim is to at least have an average conversation ability by then.

However, I'm not going to stop there. I will be doing a degree Inovlving the English Literature/Language and as part of the TEFL program (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) hopefully be based in Japan for a year at the very least. Though I'll be aiming at this for about 3-4 years time.

In the meantime though I've got a lot to learn and am very willing. I apologise if i have babbled but I wanted to let everyone know what I'm going to be dealing with. I will greatfully accept any help anyone offers and look forward to keeping in contact with you.
Thanks for your time, John.
Big John

RE: Hello everbody

Postby chidoriochibi » Wed 10.12.2005 6:59 am

Hi ^_^ I'm Chidori, 19 years. Nice to meet you.

Jikoshoukai desu: Chidori tomoshimasu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
mi-chan
落花枝に帰らず破鏡再び照らさず
chidoriochibi

Postby Zeo » Wed 10.12.2005 9:16 am

Hi!
Welcome to this site:D
Have fun:)
Zeo

Native language: Norwegian

Postby WacKostRacKo » Wed 10.12.2005 9:49 am