Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

View topic - Hello interested in learning Japanese

Hello interested in learning Japanese

New members may introduce themselves in this forum

Hello interested in learning Japanese

Postby Floridawave31 » Sat 12.31.2011 10:19 pm

Hi always wanted to learn Japanese tried to learn on and off since I was in high school, love Japanese anime and manga, I also was hoping to be stationed in Japan when I was in the Navy sadly that never happened, but hasn't stopped me from wanting to visit. Growing up back in 1997 I was from a small town and learning to speak especially even communicating with some in Japanese was hard so I never really went forward with it much, mostly look at manga and anime on television. I hope this site will give me the opportunity to learn. Thanks
Floridawave31

Native language: English

Re: Hello interested in learning Japanese

Postby phreadom » Wed 01.04.2012 1:31 pm

Welcome to TJP! :D

I think it's never too late to learn. :) I was in my 30's when I really started learning and I'm still chipping away at it. ;)
猿も木から落ちる
phreadom
Site Admin

Native language: U.S. English (米語)

Re: Hello interested in learning Japanese

Postby Jintsure » Sat 06.09.2012 2:20 am

Floridawave31 wrote:Hi always wanted to learn Japanese tried to learn on and off since I was in high school, love Japanese anime and manga, I also was hoping to be stationed in Japan when I was in the Navy sadly that never happened, but hasn't stopped me from wanting to visit. Growing up back in 1997 I was from a small town and learning to speak especially even communicating with some in Japanese was hard so I never really went forward with it much, mostly look at manga and anime on television. I hope this site will give me the opportunity to learn. Thanks

I am exactly the same way. Always off and on since high school. I plan to join the Air force and like you I hope to be stationed in Japan. So, I decided to get serious with my japanese again. So, I've decided to start posting videos on youtube. I feel that it would be a bit less intimidating to learn from and with a beginner. I don't know about you be I've seen other videos where the people seem like they really know there stuff and they are just shoot Japanese out of their ears. And this always makes me feel like I will never be at their level. So that's why I started posting video. I just started and there's only 3 videos up so far, but maybe you will like them and it might inspire you to really dig into the japanese. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzzEA-9vfBQ&feature=plcp
Jintsure

Native language: English

Return to Introductions